The African Elephant Fund is working to ensure a secure future for African elephants and their habitats.
Elephants are vital to our ecosystem. Yet the population of elephants is steadily dwindling, by almost 8 per cent every year. We must step up efforts to manage and protect our biodiversity, including the African elephant.
The Amazing World of Elephants documentary from the AEF project in Ghana entitled: Elephant Conservation Through Law Enforcement And Stakeholder Engagement In Mole National Park And Its Corridors.Educational Awareness documentary entitled:The Amazing World of Elephants. The d ..
|Benin||-Understanding of Commercialization Channels of Ivory and Ivory Based Products Between Cote d’Ivoire, Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger and Togo.|
-Reinforcement of the Human- Elephant Conflict Management Capabilities in Burkina Faso. (see full project proposal)
- Awareness Project for the Fight Against Elephants’ Poaching in the Cross-Border Biosphere of the W Reserve (PSLAB/RBTW).
|Burkina Faso/Benin/Niger/ Togo
Sensibilisation et Renforcement des Capacités des Corps de Contrôle Pour la Lutte Contre le Trafic Illicite de l’ivoire au Bénin, Burkina Faso, Niger et au Togo/ Raising Awareness and Capacity Building of the Control Corps for the Fight Against Illegal Trafficking of Ivory in Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger and Togo. (see full project proposal)
Improvement of Knowledge of the Elephants Involved in Human-Elephant Conflict/Amelioration Des Connaissances Sur Les Elephants Impliques Dans Les Conflits Avec Les Hommes. (see full project proposal)
-Elephant Conservation Through Law Enforcement and Stakeholder Engagement in Mole National Park and its Corridors. (see full project proposal)
-Reducing HEC Through Improved Monitoring, Stakeholder Engagement and Law Enforcement. (see full project proposal)
-Elephant Culture: Melding Science and Traditional Knowledge about Elephant Culture and Social Complexity to Increase Positive Conservation Outcomes for Elephants in West Africa. (see full project proposal)
- Improving the Protection of Forest Elephants (Loxodonta africana cyclotis) and Reducing Human-Elephant Conflicts at Ziama Forest and Ziama-Wenegesi Corridor in Southeastern Guinea, West Africa.(see full project proposal)
-Strengthening Law Enforcement Capacity in Close Collaboration with Local Communities to Protect the Gourma Elephants. (see full project proposal)
- Supporting SMART Ranger Patrols at Yankari Game Reserve to Strengthen Law Enforcement and Reducing Elephant Poaching. (see full project proposal)
- Using Satellite Collars to Provide More Effective Elephant Protection and Reduce Human-Elephant Conflict at Yankari Game Reserve. (see full project proposal)
- Strengthening Law Enforcement and Reducing Elephant Poaching at Yankari Game Reserve by Providing Rangers with Basic Field Equipment.
-To find out more visit Wildlife Conservancy Society (Nigeria)
- Supporting SMART-based Ranger Patrols at Yankari Game Reserve to Strengthen Law Enforcement and Reduce Elephant Poaching. (see full project proposal)
- Improving Law Enforcement and Reducing Elephant Poaching in the Oban Division of Cross River National Park through SMART. (See full project proposal)
Appui à l’intégration des Communautés Locales dans la Gestion des Eléphants du Parc National Fazao-Malfakassa/ Supporting the Integration of Local Communities into the Management of Elephants in Fazao-Malfakassa National Park. (see full project proposal)